The late turn in notification in Microsoft Teams Assignments allows you to be alerted if a student hands in their homework late.
The notification appears in the bottom corner of your screen, as well as the activity bell in the top-left of your Microsoft Teams.
This can be activated per assignment, or for all assignments in your class. It’s a handy feature that enables you to quickly identify if your students have submitted their assignments on time.
Turn on the late turn in notification for one assignment.
- In Class Notebook, select Assignment.
- Create your assignment as you would usually – fill in the information and set a deadline etc.
- Under Settings, there’s an option to Receive notifications for late turn ins. Select Yes.
- Select Assign to send out the assignment. Your late turn in notification is activated for this assignment.
Turn on the late turn in notification for all assignments.
There’s also a way to set up a late turn in notification for all your assignments in a class.
- Go into your Assignments in Class Teams.
- Select Settings in the top right corner.
- Under Notifications, there’s an option to Receive notifications for late turn ins. Select Yes.
From now on, notifications for late submissions will be turned on for all your assignments.
Note: This only applies to your selected class. To activate the notifications for another class, you need to repeat this process in the Class Notebook Assignment tab for your other classes.
If you would like to find out more about our Cloud Box platform and how we can help extend Microsoft 365 in your school or MAT, book a free demo today.