Unlock the full potential of your SharePoint news pages with the invaluable scheduling feature. By strategically automating content release and fostering collaboration, you can take control of your publishing process and captivate your audience with timely and engaging updates.
Scheduling news items and pages is a great way to:
Utilising scheduling is a must for any users creating content ahead of time who want to control the release of their pages at a later date.
1. Tap settings in the top right corner.
2. Select site contents.
3. Choose site pages.
4. Find scheduling and toggle on enable scheduling.
Scheduling method 1
1. Go to the SharePoint homepage.
2. Scroll to the news post area (create a News section if you haven’t already done so).
3. Tap add followed by news post.
4. Select blank and tap create post.
Create the News post that will be released in the future. Find more information on creating and building a post here.
5. Select page details, opening a window on the right.
6. Scroll down to scheduling and toggle on scheduling.
7. In post at this time, enter the desired scheduling time and date and tap the tick button.
8. Select schedule.
Scheduling method 2
1. Create a news post.
2. Save as draft.
3. Tap settings.
4. Select site contents.
5. Choose site pages.
6. Tap the three dots next to the news page file and select details.
7. Toggle on scheduling in the right panel.
8. In post at this time, enter the desired scheduling time and date and tap the tick button.
9. Select schedule.
Schedule a new page
1. Select new and then page.
2. Tap blank followed by create new page.
3. Hit page details, scroll down to scheduling and toggle on scheduling.
4. In post at this time, enter the desired scheduling time and date and tap the tick button.
5. Select schedule.
Selecting save as draft or schedule will update the changes to be scheduled at the time and date selected. Further changes can be made as normal via edit. The page can still be promoted using the promote button, sent via email or Yammer using the send button and the immersive reader function can still be used as usual before publication.
News items and pages can be easily scheduled for publication in Microsoft SharePoint. All methods are quick and simple to prepare, maximising time efficiency, enhancing collaboration, increasing flexibility and maximising engagement. Contact Cloud Design Box to find out how we can help you improve collaboration and communication with an intranet.